Friday, November 11, 2011

Bill Evans Trio - New Jazz Conceptions


Riverside [1956]

Hey there. It's been a while. Sorry. I was on tour with my gothgaze band ANNE. I'm back now so we can get back to listening to stupid music together.

Catching up should be easy since this what I have been listening to non-stop for the past couple of weeks anyway. Well, Bill Evans in general. I was on the search a while back for a white jazz musician I could enjoy and here is where the search stopped... hard.
This is that "cool jazz" sound I have been searching for. Perfect for smoking cigarettes and feeling a general sense of elitism. We support that here.
On the real though, Bill Evans' angular chops and delicate melodies are a marvel.
This is music for the rain.
Enjoy it.

Download

-----------------------------------------------------

Riverside [1959]

This is my personal favorite.

Download

-----------------------------------------------------

Riverside [1961]

Download

No comments:

Post a Comment