Friday, July 13, 2012

Envelopes - Demon


Brille [2005]

I was digging through some music that I haven't listened to in a while and this little gem was screaming at me when I found it. I listened to this album approximately too many times when it came out. It's good. You will probably hate it, but that's because your taste is awful and your dumb and we're not friends any more.

I'm sorry. I didn't mean it. I haven't eaten today. Come sit down on my bed. I will put on some lo-fi indie pop and we can hold hands. Wait till you hear these songs. The melodies are disgustingly infectious and the production is just the right balance of dirt and glass. No, I don't have any chocolate milk. Hear me out real quick. These guys are Swedish and French so the preciousness in their voices is not their fault, they are born like that. It's actually more fun than pretentious. In fact, the overall feel is quite "cute". Like Kimya Dawson's Antsy Pants "cute".

Fine, I will get you some chocolate milk but then we are listening to Envelopes.

Download

No comments:

Post a Comment