Saturday, June 18, 2011

Girls Against Boys - Venus Luxure No. 1 Baby


Touch and Go [1993]

I've decided that we are gonna ride this post-hardcore train for a little while longer. That's right. I don't care if you have to pee... Pee off the train... Or in the train.. It's not my train so I really don't care where you pee... If we do ever end up on my train, though... You will pee in the toilet...
Luckily, the DJ of this train (me) has decided on some amazing "pee time" music. Girls Against Boy's is perfect music to pee to (as is most of the T&G roster). This gem was their second release and showed a significant maturity from their debut (which is still great). The production shines. Sonically, I would have to say it's akin to Dino Jr. smoking weed with Sonic Youth. It's dissonant, fuzzy, rhythmic, and melodic (no, "dissonant" does not conflict with "melodic"... duh).
Now pee.

Download

No comments:

Post a Comment