Friday, July 22, 2011

Grids - Kansas


Made in Kansas [2010]

I hate the state of North Carolina. Ya. Straight up. I said that. I hate that state. Never been there, either. I don't care. Check it:
This guy I know called myself works at a call center. He talks to people from all over the US of A about their cellular device woes, and generally manages to get through these daily conversations with some amount of sanity intact. There is a people-group that has founded itself as an exception to this rule, though: North Carolinians (Carolinans?..). Dear North Carolina:  Your cell phone company is not a place to call when you are drunk and bored at 11 am. Your cell phone company is not an appropriate place to contact when your godless nephew is doing things differently than you did 100 years ago and you feel like crying about it for a half hour. No, we cannot remotely wipe your ex baby-mama's phone. Also, while it is an endearing word for a 3 year old to use for walkie-talkie service, "beep, beep" is not reasonable term to use for your direct connect service.
"Hey, cool story asshole."
Whatever.
"Grids are from North Carolina and they are tight as fuck."
Well it's obvious that I am capable of taking a mere handful of related experiences and using them to form obviously hyperbolic judgements about arbitrarily grouped individuals. You shouldn't listen to me.
"I'm not. I'm listening to Grids."

Download
The rest of their releases here

No comments:

Post a Comment