Saturday, August 20, 2011

Magik Markers - I Trust My Guitar, Ect.


Ecstatic Peace [2005]

Magik Markers are a band from Connecticut. I don't know what the fuck that's all about but let's try to get past it I guess. They play noise rock with a small squeeze of no-wave throwback to keep it obnoxious (in the good way). It's fuck-all art rock in the most Sonic Youth of senses. Despite the bands spot on Ecstatic Peace, this isn't just another "experimental" band suckling the teat of Thurston Moore. The band has release approximately too many CD-R's, most of which on their own label.
The tunes are sloppy, reverberated, jangly piles of guitar slop, tom-driven rhythms, and drowned out vocal rants. I like it. You like it. We did it.

Download


If you want something a bit more accessible, I have been jamming this bitch alot lately. I think Boss might even be my favorite of the formal releases. I just had to post something from a little earlier in the catalog so the internet would think I'm legit. I hope you understand...


Ecstatic Peace [2007] 

Magik Markers - Boss

No comments:

Post a Comment