Friday, August 5, 2011

Nitty Gritty Dirt Band - Rare Junk


Liberty [1968]

Of the 5 or so people that might read this blog, my anticipation is approximately "0" of you will even bother to download this gem. That's perfectly reasonable. One of us is most likely a stupid asshole. That poses a 50% chance that the asshole is me, and, given my undying love for these country/ bluegrass/ folk rockers, I would have to say that the scales may be tipping in my direction. I can't tell you why I have such a soft spot for the Dirt Band. They just get me excited as fuck. Rare Junk is some early material for the band. Not quite as cheesy as their self-titled release, but still lacking that developed "country rock-as-fuck" Dirt Band sound that they started to perfect a couple albums later. I like that about it, though. It's raw and fun....
Whatever...

Download

And here are my favorites (If you accidentally care at all):


Symphonion Dream (1975)


Uncle Charlie & His Dog Teddy (1970)

No comments:

Post a Comment